lesson studio policies - effective october 1st, 2005
- payment methods accepted are cash, check, and paypal. receipts will be available on payment.
- payment will be made in advance on a monthly, quarterly, or semester basis, at the discretion of the student/parent. other options may be made available at the discretion of the studio, and must be negotiated in advance.
scheduling and lesson durations
- time slots will be negotiated on a per-semester basis, with preference being given to students with seniority within the studio.
- unless otherwise negotiated, lessons will be limited to 1 hour, with a 1/2 hour buffer in case the lesson goes overtime.
- longer lesson times will remain an option only as long as scheduling remains convenient. in the event of other engagements, i reserve the right to limit lessons to 1 hour. all efforts will be made to provide at least a 1 week notice of such change.
late arrivals, postponements, and cancellations
- lesson slots will not be extended to compensate for late arrivals.
- rescheduling or cancellation of a lesson will require advanced notice of 1 week. exceptions will only be made for extreme weather, illness, and family emergencies.
- in the event that I must cancel, you will not be charged for the lost lesson. all efforts will be made to reschedule within the same week.
- failure to arrive at a lesson without prior cancellation or failure to offer proper advanced notice of same will result in forfeit of payment for said lesson.
- repeated failure to make a given lesson time will result in loss of the time slot, with a new time slot to be negotiated. punctual, regular students will be given priority.
safety and security
- parents are encouraged to attend lessons with school-aged students.
- all lessons for school-aged students will be video and audio recorded. recordings will be available for parental review on request. discs will remain on-site at all times.
- student information will be kept on file for emergencies and legal purposes. personal information will not be disclosed to a third party without permission except in medical emergency situations.
you may contact culture of one music services if you have questions about these policies.